The Weald of Kent, Surrey and Sussex
South of Crowborough, Sussex - c 1795
Part of the 1 inch to 1 mile map of Sussex produced in 1795 by William Gardner (Chief Surveying Draftsman to the Board of Ordnance) and Thomas Gream (Surveyor to the Board of Ordnance). The map was dedicated to the 3rd Duke of Richmond as Lord Lieutenant of Sussex, was engraved by Thomas Foot and published by William Fadden, Charing Cross, London
The map was partly based on the previously uncompleted survey and map of Sussex conducted by Thomas Yeakell and William Gardener in 1778
for more information refer to Printed Maps of Sussex, 1575-1900 by D. Kingsley, published by the Sussex Record Society
The width of the image below is approximately 3 miles
Size control:

   Medium ►►►

Zoom control:

Year control:

More about:
Brittle Farm
Burnt Oak
Butchers Cross
Cove Farm
Cowden Farm
Crabbs Farm
Gravel Hill
Great Broadreed Farm
Great Freemans
Haywoods Farm
Huggetts Furnace Farm
Huggetts Mill
Hutchings Farm
Inchreed Farm
Miss Farm
Newhouse Farm
Pages Farm
Roads Farm
Rounden Farm
Salters Green
Sandhill Farm
Skippers Hill
Sparrows Farm
Stone Cross
Stone Farm
Stone Mill
Trebles green
Tubwell Farm
Twits Farm
Walshes Farm

The Weald is at  Database version 13.6 which has ongoing updates to the 393,326 people; 9,000 places; 613 maps; 3,308 pictures, engravings and photographs; and 248 books loaded in the previous version

Fasthosts web site  
British Libarary  
High Weald  
Sussex Family History Group  
Sussex Record Society  
Sussex Archaeological Society  
Kent Archaeological Society  
Mid Kent Marriages  
Genes Reunited  
International Genealogical Index  
National Archives  

of the