The Weald of Kent, Surrey and Sussex
Mark Cross, Sussex - c 1795
Part of the 1 inch to 1 mile map of Sussex produced in 1795 by William Gardner (Chief Surveying Draftsman to the Board of Ordnance) and Thomas Gream (Surveyor to the Board of Ordnance). The map was dedicated to the 3rd Duke of Richmond as Lord Lieutenant of Sussex, was engraved by Thomas Foot and published by William Fadden, Charing Cross, London
The map was partly based on the previously uncompleted survey and map of Sussex conducted by Thomas Yeakell and William Gardener in 1778
for more information refer to Printed Maps of Sussex, 1575-1900 by D. Kingsley, published by the Sussex Record Society
The width of the image below is approximately 3 miles
Size control:


   Medium ►►►



Zoom control:


Year control:




 
More about:
Barrows Bush
Batts Corner
Bestbeech hill
Bletchingly Farm
Chiddinghurst Farm
Coldharbour
Earles
Finnyridge Farm
Frankham Farm
Frenches Farm
Great Trodgers Farm
Green Hill Farm
Highfield Farm
Homestall Farm
Lake Street
Lake Street Farm
Little Trodgers Farm
Mark Cross
Mouseall Farm
Newhouse Farm
Partridges
Reeds Farm
Riseden Street
Rush Cross
Skiners Farm
Spout Farm
Stonehouse Farm
The Hole Farm
Tidebrook
Town row Corner
Town row Green
Towngate Farm
Wren Farm

The Weald is at  Database version 12.4 which has ongoing updates to the 379,932 people; 9,000 places; 613 maps; 3,308 pictures, engravings and photographs; and 244 books loaded in the previous version

Fasthosts web site  
ODNB  
British Libarary  
High Weald  
Sussex Family History Group  
Sussex Record Society  
Sussex Archaeological Society  
Kent Archaeological Society  
Mid Kent Marriages  
Ancestry  
Genes Reunited  
International Genealogical Index  
National Archives  

Top
of the
page