The Weald of Kent, Surrey and Sussex

Site update: Due to the illness of the creator and maintainer of this site he is no longer able to support it. Alternative options to continue hosting and supporting the site are currently being evaluated. Thank you to all those who have contributed to the site over the last twenty years
Highhurst Wood, Sussex - c 1795
Part of the 1 inch to 1 mile map of Sussex produced in 1795 by William Gardner (Chief Surveying Draftsman to the Board of Ordnance) and Thomas Gream (Surveyor to the Board of Ordnance). The map was dedicated to the 3rd Duke of Richmond as Lord Lieutenant of Sussex, was engraved by Thomas Foot and published by William Fadden, Charing Cross, London
The map was partly based on the previously uncompleted survey and map of Sussex conducted by Thomas Yeakell and William Gardener in 1778
for more information refer to Printed Maps of Sussex, 1575-1900 by D. Kingsley, published by the Sussex Record Society
The width of the image below is approximately 3 miles
Size control:


   Medium ►►►



Zoom control:


Year control:




 
More about:
Adams Farm
Barns Gate
Bevendon Farm
Blackhouse Farm
Brook House
Brown Brooks
Burnt Oak
Catches Farm
Chillies Farm
Duddleswell
Grovehurst Farm
Handall Farm
Hastingford
Highhurst Wood
Howbourn Farm
Lane-end Farm
Moses Farm
Newnham Park
Oldland Farm
Oldland G.
Owlsbury
Perryman Farm
Pound Gate
Pucksty Farm
Rock Farm
Sandhill Farm
Sleeches Farm
Sparrows Farm
Stone Cross
Stone Farm
Strood Farm
Walshes Farm

The Weald is at  Database version 13.7 which has ongoing updates to the 393,490 people; 9,000 places; 613 maps; 3,308 pictures, engravings and photographs; and 248 books loaded in the previous version

Fasthosts web site  
ODNB  
British Libarary  
High Weald  
Sussex Family History Group  
Sussex Record Society  
Sussex Archaeological Society  
Kent Archaeological Society  
Mid Kent Marriages  
Ancestry  
Genes Reunited  
International Genealogical Index  
National Archives  

Top
of the
page